Discharge Consents

A discharge permit (environmental permit) may be required if you intend to discharge domestic or trade effluent into the environment. This discharge may be to surface waters such as rivers, streams, estuaries and lakes, or to the ground such as spreading to land, discharge via soak away or via infiltration system.

Depending on the nature of the operation, or the volume of effluent to be discharged, an additional environmental risk assessment may be required.

Discharge permits are regulated by the national environmental regulator:

  • Environment Agency in England
  • Natural Resources Wales in Wales
  • Scottish Environmental Protection Agency in Scotland

Hydrogeo have experience with permit applications and groundwater risk assessments, and can assist with the application process and liaison with regulators.


Contaminated Land/Development

Groundwater Protection

SuDS and Flood Risk

Water Supply / Ground Source Heating